Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Here's another way to make your malunggay more delicious and enjoyable to consume: the malunggay-milk shake.
- 1 cup fresh malunggay leaves, washed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons powdered filled milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar (white/brown)
- 2 cups water
- Boil the water in the pan.
- When the water came to a boil, add the malunggay leaves. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 1 minute. Do not overcook the leaves.
- After that, remove the pan from the fire.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl. Separate the cooked malunggay leaves and set aside to cool. Do not throw the water.
- Prepare the blender. Once the cooked malunggay leaves and the water had cooled down, put them all in the blender together with the powdered milk and the sugar.
- Blend until all ingredients are totally liquified. Transfer to a glass and consume at once. Do not store for more that 30 minutes after blending.
Well, for beginners it may not taste the way you wanted it to be but it's really nutritious. My father's dry skin improved and his sagging muscles became tight and firm. His bowel movements became regular every morning. And I got heavier in weight though my vital statistics are the same from 56 kilos to 70 kilos.
Try the malunggay-milk shake now and the results, see for yourself.